Discover Workday at RISD
Workday is a human resources, financial and student information system designed to modernize and standardize the way RISD delivers key services to our community. Workday will be delivered in two phases. The initial launch on April 1, 2019 replaced Ellucian Colleague for all financial and human resources functions. Workday Student will be implemented through 2021. View the full timeline.
Community Feedback Sessions in July and August
How’s it going with Workday?
This summer we are holding biweekly meetings to hear directly from you about your experiences using Workday. These community feedback meetings will be held in the 103 Dyer Street Training Room (ground floor) from 9:30–11:30 am on the following dates:
Tuesday, July 9
Tuesday, July 23
Tuesday, August 6
Tuesday, August 20
Areas of focus at each meeting will include navigation, reporting and transaction processing—as well as other suggested topics. We invite you to submit feedback here ahead of the meetings. All feedback submitted by July 3 will help us facilitate discussion and prepare appropriate presentation materials.
Advance registration is not required—please attend a session that is most convenient for your schedule.
Workday Wednesday — Summer Edition!
On July 10, RISD Controller Tom Mattos will lead two new Workday Wednesday sessions to review Cost Center budgeting and reporting functions.
July 10 Morning Session: Cost Center Manager Workbench
10–11:30 am | 103 Dyer St., Training Room (ground floor)
Intended participants: all cost center managers
- Review how to view budget to actual reporting
- Other Cost Center Manager Workbench functions
July 10 Afternoon Session: Cost Center Workbench
July 10 | 2–3:30 pm | 103 Dyer St., Training Room (ground floor)
Intended participants: all academic and administrative department admins
- Review all reports available for transaction activity
- My Requisition
- My Supplier Invoice Request
- My Expense Reports
- Other Cost Center Workbench functions
Have you installed the mobile app?
Please refer to these instructions for downloading and logging in to the Workday mobile app. Type risd for the Organization ID as in the image below.
Benefits of Workday
In line with RISD’s strategic planning initiative, Workday is an “enabling system” built to remain continuously modern and take advantage of best practices in the processes critical to how we operate as an organization.
Workday’s features will help RISD to enable and foster a culture of integrated and collaborative working by:
- providing real-time access to accurate information for decision making across academic and administrative areas
- minimizing administrative overhead for faculty and staff by replacing paper and manual workflows
- allowing employees to enable workflow and business processes without reliance on coding by ITS staff
- reducing operating costs and minimizing security, compliance and accessibility risks through cloud hosting and a modern software architecture
- leveraging a single codebase for more efficient product updates and third-party integrations
- increasing communication and visibility and improving user experiences across tasks
The decision to invest in Workday was not taken lightly, particularly with regard to our current enterprise resource system, Ellucian Colleague. Ongoing customization to Colleague over the past three decades has added layers of complexity, making upgrades disruptive and impeding RISD’s momentum in administrative and operational areas.
About this website
This site will be an ongoing resource for the RISD community, providing up-to-date information about the Workday implementation. Over the coming year, the Workday Organizational Change & Training (OC&T) Team will publish more detailed reference guides and video tutorials for using Workday. We welcome your feedback about how to make the site as helpful as possible. Please submit thoughts or questions via this contact form.